Tuesday 10 August 2010

Mill Pond, Cambridge


























I am sat in the Granta Pub on the Mill Pond sheltering from the rain - enjoying a pint. I have just drawn the view from my stool.

Sweeny Todd of course has not been there for 20 years, or maybe longer, that is where I went for my Stag Night feast, hmm - 28 years ago.

I have missed out the large fleet of punts which are moored and drifting into the center of the pond, seemingly more a storage yard!

Today it is raining, but there seems to be an ever increasing need to include punting come rain or sunshine whilst visiting Cambridge.

Several punts have set off since I sat down, a most interesting increase in punting backwards and/or from inside the craft. In Cambridge of course, one punts from the platform on the back!




No comments:

Post a Comment